Product and Data Manager (m/f/d)
Do you love cars? Then come to ACPS Automotive and shape the future with your ideas.
We are the market leader in our core business: towbars for cars, SUVs and vans. We stand for technological leadership and have the ambition to shape markets with our innovations. Over 140 patents document our distinctive culture of innovation. Its innovative and and safe towing and carrier systems are developed, manufactured and sold by ACPS Automotive at ten locations in Europe, the USA and Mexico under the brand name ORIS BRAND.
Our business unit ACPS Automotive Services offers under the brand ORIS towbars and bicycle racks for the aftermarket and it is known for the quality of its products. Our product quality is a unique selling point no.1. ACPS Automotive Services is based in Mönchengladbach (Germany) and is the central the central administration, distribution and logistics location for the aftermarket accessories market. Our customers: end customers and aftermarket companies, such as workshops and dealers.
The Product Manager is going to develop and manage a selected (!) scope of products within the current range of towbars, E-sets and bike racks. He/she is going to work closely with several other departments including international sales, suppliers, production and pricing. In addition, he/she will maintain the product master data in all relevant IT systems and will be the backup partner for all TecDoc/CCU data which are handled by the Data Manager. The “Product Manager” reports to the Director Sales and Marketing Aftermarket.
- You are the driving force in definition and management of the product portfolio and the product data.
- Product owner for a selected scope of products within the current range of towbars, E-sets and bike racks.
- Selection and introduction of new products, product modifications and/or improvements based on market research, customer feedback, market knowledge and information from sales, as well as ongoing revision of the product portfolio.
- Close cooperation with and driving force regarding the development team for inhouse produced core products, and continuous monitoring of the achieved vs the budgeted development status
- Analysis and challenge of the supplier portfolio, active support of the supply request at supplier and the validation process of the samples of technical products
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) - phase-in / phase-out process as well as handling of product development plans and ensuring compliance with critical introduction periods in the go-to-market process
- Support Key account managers and customers regarding product portfolio, range and quality.
- Prepare technical training courses and materials for external customers and internal customers.
- Maintenance of product master data in all relevant IT systems (PIM, Catalogue Database, CCU, Tecdoc, SAP)
- Creation of the data input for product bulletins & news in cooperation with the Marketing Manager
- Carrying out competition analyses and market observations, and analysis of sales figures and planning as well as deriving suitable measures
- Monitoring of achieved turnovers, sales quantities, margins and share of wallet/car park in comparison to budget and competitors
- Monthly KPI reporting to management
This role is only open to candidates with a strong affinity towards product management and data for technical leisure products
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration, industrial engineering or comparable qualification.
- Openness for technical leisure products, ideally with a first experience in the Automotive industry
- Structured and well-prioritized approach to product management within a development process with several parties concerned (development, production, supply chain, data, sales…)
- High affinity towards data and analytical approach
- Very good Excel skills and furthermore good MS-Office (Power-Point, Outlook) skills
- Good SAP knowledge (or similar ERP system)
- Experience with presentation techniques and project management tools is an advantage
- Initiative, team and communication skills, high level of responsibility and creativity
- Very good English and good German language skills
Benefits for our employees
We are proud that we can offer our employees not only a good working atmosphere but also other benefits - such as the following:
- Flexible and mobile working
- Friendly and trustful working atmosphere in a motivated and diverse team and a company in full expansion
- Varied and exciting projects, in which you can contribute your knowledge and experience
- Free mineral water and hot drinks
- Fresh fruit several times a week
- E-Bike Leasing
- Free parking on the company car park
- Company events for employees
Start now at ACPS Automotive and send us your application with your earliest possible starting date and salary expectations.
ACPS Automotive Services GmbH
Advanced Carrier and Protection Services